top 10 wellbeing tips
by Jo-Anna Sell, Paws in Work blogger.
not just for world mental health day.
- Take things one day at a time.
- Find a routine that works for you.
- Keep in touch and stay connected with those you love and care for.
- Keep active and get out into the fresh air as much as you can.
- Limit social media and negative news.
- Keep your mind occupied during down time, whether it's a binge on the new netflix series, a recipe from your new cookbook or a little DIY project.
- Eat well (have that chocolate bar too if you want it!!) and stay hydrated.
- Get as much sleep as you can.
- Take regular breaks from screens, desks, machinery, technology - especially at the moment whilst a lot of us are still working from home.
- Be kind to yourself, treat yourself the same way you would treat someone you love.
what is a mental health first aider?
We have experienced a major shift in everyday life as a result of the pandemic; returning to some sort of normality may take quite some time to adjust to. Now more than ever, we need sufficient facilities available, allowing people to have access to the support they need for their mental health whilst at work.