event team member
Please note this is a Kickstarter opening. To apply for this position you must
- Currently be claiming universal credit
- Aged between 16-24 years
Surprising as it may seem, our event team members don’t just play with puppies! They calmly and efficiently look after our pups and our customers, ensuring that both have a great day. They understand the specific needs of the puppies and what we as a company are trying to achieve with our puppy therapy sessions. They can multitask, engage in conversation, they’re willing to roll up their sleeves and get involved where needed.
As a Paws in Work ‘Event Team Member’ you will be responsible for the set-up and pack down of the event space, general tasks to help facilitate our events and the running of the event sessions. You will ensure that the puppies are safe and the set-up is refreshed at the beginning and end of each session. During the puppy therapy session itself, you will be communicating with attendees and ensuring they are accommodated, comfortable and happy, giving them their ‘best day at work, ever.'
- Working across multiple locations in London/Greater London, Monday to Friday as well as office-based in South West London.
- Hosting during the session - continue to deliver key information during the
entirety of the session.
- Ensure the welfare of the puppies remains a priority throughout the event day.
- Briefing company staff on health and safety before they enter their session.
- Replenishment of set up before and after each session.
- At any time being prepared to clean, any bodily fluids or faeces produced by
the puppies, in a discreet manner.
- Making sure all staff have the opportunity to interact with the puppies.
- Observing the puppies’ behaviour, reporting any concerns of abnormal
behaviour from the puppies, to a senior member of staff.
- Setting up and packing down the event space - this involves some heavy lifting.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Be confident in handling live animals.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Present a professional, enthusiastic, friendly, caring and can-do attitude.
- Possess a positive service-oriented attitude towards all guests and employees.
- Be able to communicate clearly in the English language.
- Listen attentively to teammates and guests.
- Have the ability to bend and lift objects easily.
- Ideally be located in the South West London area.
It would be great if you have:
- A background in customer service / people-facing roles.
- A love and understanding of dogs and their needs.
- Related dog welfare qualifications.
- A passion for improving mental health.
The successful candidate must be able to commit to 25 hours per week. These will be flexible hours between 7am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. If successful, you must be able to attend any required events during the week. Required hours of work are regular and this role is perfect for a trusted individual looking to branch into a new career of animal care and mental health combined.
£10.85 per hour - London Living Wage
We hold events across London in a variety of locations. You are required to find your own means of transport to the event location to arrive promptly at the time requested.
We’ll train you alongside our excellent team. You’ll have 3 days in house training with our puppy therapy specialist team, you will be fully inducted and have a chance to shadow others. You’ll also need to complete an online pet first-aid training course within your first 4 weeks which Paws in Work will enrol you onto.
A DBS check is necessary for this role.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applicants for this role, we are unable to get back to everyone. If your application has been successful in being considered, we will aim to be in touch within a week of your submission.